Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's a girl.....

Boys.

Story of my life.

I am surrounded by boys.

BUT....

I did get to decorate with sugar and spice and all things nice... or however that little rhyme about girls goes...

I could so do pink and frilly and girly and bows and satin and tulle...

Jason's 1st cousin and his wife are expecting a baby girl in April.
I was thrilled to be able to host a small, family shower for them.
Precious family.
Congratulations!




Key lime cupcakes with Blackberry frosting....  Yummy in my tummy!
(The frosting was a bit thinner than I had hoped for... oh, well...)

Baby H...  Sweet Hadley...


I normally cannot stand a mess in the kitchen.  I alawys "cook as I go". 
However, the night before the shower was definitely an exception. 
I had been in Lebanon all day for work. We drove back to Lexington in the middle of a dang tornado. We saw two wrecks and sat in traffic for a bit. 
A teacher I work with recently had a baby, so Ms. Taylor and I gathered up some food to take to her.  I delivered that around 7 p.m. Friday night...
I then called Kota to come over and keep me company while I got started on the shower.  She made some yummy little chocolate pretty things... :) 
Thanks, Ko!
AND...I did get a close up of the "Cinnamon Chips".... 
Cut up and soak tortillas in butter.  Then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.... bake.  Scrumptious... 
(We had those with some fruit salsa.)